Enable two-factor authentication with Shopify using Passly Authenticator Two-step verification
You can setup two-factor authentication for your Shopify Account by using Passly Authtenticator two-step verification. Download the Passly Authenticator mobile app, install it and grant the application access to the camera so it can scan barcodes / QRCodes to add new applications such as Shopify, to the application.
Upon first activation of the Passly Authenticator, it will ask for authorization to access the camera. This is so it can use the camera to scan barcodes and QR codes from other applications that you wish to pair it with.
- Login to your Shopify account, Click Settings > Account, then click on your name.
- Scroll down the next screen until you find Two-Step Authentication and select the Enable.. link to start the process.
- Enter your password to confirm it is you that is performing this task, then choose Authenticator App as the method to obtain the passcodes.
- Open the Passly Authenticator app, and scan the QR Code that appears on the next screen.
Test the new application in the window provided.
Try out the new application once it’s added by entering in the onetime. passcode below the QR Code.
- Keep a copy of the backup codes that appear, so if there is an issue with your authenticator app, or you lose access to your phone, you will still be able to access your account.