Enable two-factor authentication with Open DNS using Passly Authenticator Two-step verification
You can setup two-factor authentication for your Open DNS Account by using Passly Authtenticator two-step verification. Download the Passly Authenticator mobile app, install it and grant the application access to the camera so it can scan barcodes / QRCodes to add new applications such as Open DNS, to the application.
Upon first activation of the Passly Authenticator, it will ask for authorization to access the camera. This is so it can use the camera to scan barcodes and QR codes from other applications that you wish to pair it with.
- Login to your Open DNS account. Navigate to Configuration > System Settings > Accounts - and expand the account you’re logged in as by clicking your name.
- Select the Enable button to activate the wizard.
- Select continue, choose Use Mobile App and select continue again.
- Open your Authenticator app and scan the QR Code to add OpenDNS to the authenticator.
- Select the OpenDNS app to reveal a new passcode, in the pop up screen enter in your user account password, and the passcode on your authenticator, select Enable Two-Step Verification.
- Record the backup code to be use in case your phone is stolen or lost, so you can deactivate two step verification on your account.
- From this point onward, anytime you log into Open DNS you will be prompted for your One time passcode.