Enable two-factor authentication with Joomla using Passly Authenticator Two-step verification
You can setup two-factor authentication for Joomla by using Passly Authtenticator two-step verification. Download the Passly Authenticator mobile app, install it and grant the application access to the camera so it can scan barcodes / QRCodes to add new applications such as Joomla, to the application.
Upon first activation of the Passly Authenticator, it will ask for authorization to access the camera. This is so it can use the camera to scan barcodes and Qrcodes from other applications that you wish to pair it with.
Download the Two Factor Authentication Plugin for your website here and configure the backend of your Website.
- Login to your Joomla account settings and go to user edit screen, and click on the Two Factor Authentication tab.
- Add an account Name (which will show on the Authenticator App- if you want to know what site this is for, it is recommended you add Joomla to the account name somewhere.)
- Click on Create new secret key then click Show QR-code.
- Set Activate to Yes.
- There are two ways to set this up, from the backend and from the front end. Screenshots below show the minor differences.
Back end configuration
Front end configuration
- Open the Passly Authenticator App and scan the QR-Code to pair the account with the application.
- The next time you need to log into your account you will be prompted to enter in a onetime passcode from the Passly Authenticator app.