You can setup two-factor authentication for your EA Account by using Passly Authtenticator two-step verification. Download the Passly Authenticator mobile app, install it and grant the application access to the camera so it can scan barcodes / QRCodes to add new applications such as EA, to the application.
Upon first activation of the Passly Authenticator, it will ask for authorization to access the camera. This is so it can use the camera to scan barcodes and QR codes from other applications that you wish to pair it with.
The steps for pairing Passly Authenticator with EA are shown below
- Login to your EA Account to open the My Account: Security page.
- Find the Login Verification section and select Turn On.
- Answer your security question, then select how you want to receive your verification code by selecting App Authenticator.
- The next page will give you an option to download a new authenticator App, since we are using the Passly Authenticator, we can select the Continue button.
- On the next page open the Passly Authenticator, click the + sign in the top right corner and scan the QR Code on the “Pair app with your account” page.
- Take a copy of the Backup codes provided so you are still able to access your account if you lose you phone.