How Passly RADIUS works
The Passly RADIUS Server provides RADIUS support via PAP to offer strong authentication to firewalls, network devices and VPN servers within your network infrastructure.
The Passly RADIUS Server is a standalone windows service and is capable of running on any 32 bit or 64 bit platform that supports .NET 2.0. It does NOT require Microsoft’s Internet Authentication Service (IAS) or Network Policy Server (NPS) to function, but can coexist if you reconfigure it to use an alternate port.
More information on how to setup and configure RADIUS can be found here.
Process of RADIUS Authentication.
- User enters Passly passcode (password,OTP) into vpn endpoint connection.
- VPN endpoint forwards request to Passly Radius server
- Passly passcode verified against Passly Tenant.
- Radius server returns Passly server response to vpn endpoint.
- User is securely logged in
User experience expanded.